Saturday, July 15, 2006

Bigg results with Digg hits

Here's an interesting post on Cybernet on the impact that a front page hit on Digg will have on your web traffic and RSS subscriptions.

Digg is a "user driven social content website." I've posted about it before, and I love it. Users pick the stories THEY think are important and "digg" them. The stories with the most diggs gets ranked the highest on the site.

My.yahoo also ranks stories, but according to the most popular (those that get the most click-throughs). I like the Digg model better, because just because I click on a headline doesn't mean I value the story. Once I get to the story, it may not live up to the headline and I wouldn't recommend others clicking into it like I did. Digg lets me tell others that I think the story is worth their time. And I digg it!

No comments: